Chromebook DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Following setup instructions is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial setup, you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically anytime!
1. From "Homepage" click on Customise & Control Google Chrome icon in the top right of the screen.
2. Click On Settings.
3. Click On Your Internet Connection (e.g. Sky-Internet).
4. Click again On Your Internet Connection.
5. Click On Network.
6. Scroll Down & Click On the box marked "Custom Name Servers".
7. Enter Server Addresses provided in boxes marked "Server 1" & "Server 2".
Use the closest server to your physical location as Server1. Then select the 2nd closest server to your physical location as Server2.
The list of IP addresses of our DNS severs can be found on our DNS Server List here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers.
***You can change the above DNS IPs with the following ones. Using the closest location of your physical location will give you better speed of dns resolution.
You will find our DNS Server locations and IP address here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers
8. Click on "Close".
Please make sure to restart your Chromebook now and then visit www.smartdnsproxy.com and LOG INTO your account so that our system could identify your IP address to work with Smart DNS Proxy services. Otherwise, our service will not work.