Windows Vista Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Following setup instructions is only needed one time. Once you finish the initial setup you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically anytime!
1. Click on Start button and Click on Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet.
3. Click on Network and Sharing.
4. Click on Manage Network Connections.
5. Double Click on Your Connected Network Adapter.
Important: Make sure to select the network adapter your PC is using to connect the Internet. If you are using wireless, then select any connected wireless adapter. You should see connected adapter as coloured and not connected with red cross dimmed coloured.
6. Click on Properties.
7. Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
Then Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then Click on Properties.
8. From the General Tab Click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
Fill the DNS fields with Smart DNS Server IPs as following:
Use the closest server to your physical location as Preferred DNS Server. Then use the 2nd closest server to your physical location as Alternate DNS server.
The list of IP addresses of our DNS severs can be found on our DNS Server List here: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Servers.
9. Click on OK and OK again.
Please make sure to restart your PC now and then visit www.smartdnsproxy.com and LOG INTO your account so that our system could identify your IP address to work with Smart DNS Proxy services. Otherwise, our service will not work.